EMISA’18 Call for Contributions
Call for Contributions
9th International Workshop on
Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures (EMISA’18)
NEW: Cooperation with EMISA-Journal (details see below)
May 24-25, 2018 – Rostock, Germany
The strategic importance of enterprise modelling has been recognized by an increasing number of companies and public agencies. Enterprise modelling delivers the ‘blueprints’ for co-designing and aligning business and enterprise information systems such that they complement each other in an optimal way. Achieving such interplay requires a multi-perspective approach taking organizational, economic, and technical aspects into account. In a world of cloud, social and big data, additional challenges for enterprise modelling and the design of information systems architectures emerge, e.g., in respect to the design of data-driven processes or processes enabling cross-enterprise collaboration. To deal with these challenges, a close cooperation of researchers from different disciplines such as information systems, business informatics, and computer science will be required.
EMISA 2018 is the ninth international workshop in a series that provides a key forum for researchers and practitioners in the fields of enterprise modelling and the design of information system (IS) architectures. The workshop series emphasizes a holistic view on these fields, fostering integrated approaches that address and relate business processes, business people and information technology. The workshop is open for a broad range of subjects. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Enterprise modelling: languages, methods, tools
• Patterns for enterprise modelling
• Patterns for information systems architectures
• Model life cycle management
• Model evolution
• Model configuration and model variants
• Model quality: metrics, case studies, and experiments
• Process modelling and process-aware information systems
• Collaborative enterprise modelling
• Model-driven architectures
• Model-driven IS development
• Component- and service-oriented software architectures
• Service engineering and evolution
• Service composition, orchestration and choreography
• Complex event processing and event-driven architectures
• Human aspects in enterprise modelling
• Modelling social information and innovation networks
• Information systems in the cloud
• Mobile enterprise services
EMISA 2018 calls for submissions in the following categories:
1) PhD Research Proposals: EMISA 2018 invites PhD students to submit research proposals. There will be a dedicated slot in the program to discuss PhD research proposals including the current status and the further plan of the research work. PhD research proposals shall be submitted as a short paper of 5 pages.
2) Current Research Talk Proposals: EMISA 2018 invites proposals for scientific talks of international excellence. Eligible are proposal submissions that are based on published or accepted papers from international conferences or journals. Proposals for research talks shall be submitted as an extended abstract of 2 pages.
3) Novel Directions Talk Proposals: EMISA 2018 invites proposals for talks that motivate a novel research direction, outline the research gaps to address, and carve out major challenges. These talks shall serve as a stimulus for discussions as part of a dedicated slot in the workshop program. Novel directions talk proposals shall be submitted as a short paper of 5 pages.
NEW: EMISA Journal Option: Selected novel direction papers will be forwarded to the EMISA-Journal for publication applying a fast tracking procedure. EMISA “International Journal of Conceptual Modeling” is a scholarly peer-reviewed open access journal with a unique focus on novel and innovative conceptual modeling research and its applications – see https://www.emisa-journal.org/emisa.
Proposals can be submitted according to instructions on the EMISA 2018 website:
All submissions have to strictly follow the formatting guidelines of LNI. Template and explanations can be found athttps://www.gi.de/service/publikationen/lni/autorenrichtlinien.html.
Submissions have to be made via easychair.org<http://easychair.org/>: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emisa2018
All accepted submissions (PhD Research, Current Research, Novel Directions) will be published in the next print edition of EMISA Forum. The short papers proposing PhD Research or a Novel Directions Talk will also be published as an electronic CEUR proceedings volume.
The workshop is organized by the GI Special Interest Group on Design Methods for Information Systems (GI-SIG EMISA, www.emisa.org<http://www.emisa.org/>), which provides a forum for researchers from various disciplines who develop and apply methods to support the analysis and design of information systems. EMISA 2018 will take place in Rostock, Germany.
• Important Dates
Submission of proposals: March 18, 2018
Notification of acceptance: April 9, 2018
Final paper version: April 29, 2018
• Program Committee Co-Chairs
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Michael Fellmann, University of Rostock, Germany
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Kurt Sandkuhl, University of Rostock, Germany